TBI typically negotiates contracts: We charge the actual cost of the contract plus a fee that’s a percentage of the job. TBI solicits fixed bids from the subcontractors, only after carefully instructing them on their scope. Our goal is: Everything is very clear and we know who is responsible for what. Everyone knows where a project stands at all times.
“Because we operate in this straightforward manner and readily share all information with our clients, we engender an enormous sense of trust.”
Pre-construction and Planning
TBI provides a full range of pre-construction services which include:
- Working out code and permit problems.
- Examining structural issues.
- Helping the team work out details and choose materials.
- Estimating a job.
- Value engineering.
- Project management.
“We prefer to be part of a project team, working in tandem with the architect from the start. This way we can provide a global perspective and complete picture of a job.”
TBI keeps clients informed through a variety of simple reports and photos available on a secured website, e-mail, or on paper.
- Weekly site meetings attended by Thompson
- Meeting Minutes, which includes project status, RFI’s, submittals, and purchasing logs
- Job Costing Reports
- Billing Reports
- Digital Photos of Work in Progress